Alistair D. Shaw
Alistair Shaw practices exclusively in all areas of family law. He has experience in courts all throughout Northern California, routinely handling matters relating to divorce, child custody, domestic violence, asset division, spousal support, child support, and attorneys fees. Mr. Shaw is also an experienced Minor’s Counsel, advocating for children in complex custody litigation matters. Mr. Shaw brings a balanced approach to all of his cases by advancing litigation while always keeping focus on reasonable settlement opportunities.
Mr. Shaw prides himself on being involved in the legal community. He believes it is important to truly understand what is going on in the legal community and passes that benefit to his clients. In 2020, Mr. Shaw served as Chair of the Santa Clara County Bar Association (“SCCBA”) Family Law COVID-19 Taskforce, which worked to bring virtual court services to Santa Clara County. In 2021, Mr. Shaw was Chair of the SCCBA Family Law Section. Mr. Shaw has also acted as a member of the SCCBA Family Law Strategic Planning Committee, the SCCBA Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee, and the SCCBA Finance Committee.
Prior to joining Family Law Group, Inc., Mr. Shaw spent five years working at a prominent law firm in San Jose, CA. Throughout his legal career, Mr. Shaw has made courtroom appearances in Alameda, Santa Clara, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Solano, and Santa Cruz Counties.
Mr. Shaw received his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of California – Davis. During law school, Mr. Shaw advocated for indigent survivors of domestic violence through the UC Davis Family Protection and Legal Assistance Clinic. Mr. Shaw also spent time working for the California Office of the Attorney General, where he wrote criminal appellate briefs on behalf of the State of California. For his commitment to working for the public interest during law school, Mr. Shaw received recognition as a nominee for the Martin Luther King Jr. Service Award. Mr. Shaw was actively involved in his law school community and served as President of the Law Students’ Association.
Prior to law school, Mr. Shaw graduated from the University of California – Berkeley with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He is still a very proud fan of Cal Athletics. Go Bears!
Mr. Shaw is a first-generation immigrant, having moved from England to the United States with his family in 1997. He grew up in Tracy, California. In his spare time, Mr. Shaw enjoys visiting craft breweries, watching sports, and spending time with his Wife and pet Corgi (“Joey”).
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- Juris Doctorate - 2017
- Honors: UC Davis Family Protection and Legal Assistance Clinic
- Honors: President of the Law Students’ Association
- Honors: Martin Luther King Jr. Service Award
- University of California, Berkeley, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2014
- Major: Political Science
- California, 2017
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Santa Clara County Bar Association – Family Law Section, Vice Chair, 2020 to Present
- COVID 19 Taskforce: Santa Clara County Bar Association- Family Law Section, Chair, 2020 to Present
- Chair of the SCCBA Family Law Section, 2021 to Present
- SCCBA Family Law Strategic Planning Committee, the SCCBA Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee, and the SCCBA Finance Committee, Member
- Honorable Thadd A. Blizzard in the Sacramento Superior Court, Intern
- California Office of the Attorney General
- Family Law